Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Okay-I'm officially in the Christmas mood! I did my first Christmas project this weekend, went Shopping at our local Holiday House on Saturday(even bought a couple gifts), and taught a Sunday school lesson to second graders on the birth of Christ. Now I'm ready to decorate the house...maybe? So, my sister and her three girls came in town and spent the weekend with me for my daughter's birthday party. We always get our girls matching shirts or sweaters for Christmas pictures, so we thought we could find something cute at the Holiday House. We found a lot of cute Christmas shirts, but 6 x $38 wasn't really in the budget. So of course, I suggested that we make our own this year, but unfortunately I can't sew a stitch. So what's a girl to do??? Thank goodness there are so many sewing alternatives out there!
We went to Target and bought 6 cotton/spandex shirts for $6.99 each. The rest of the supplies were free....well, not really, I already had them left over from another project. I ironed Wonder Under to the back of my fabrics. I had a Christmas print, a turquoise flannel and a white cotton duck.
On white paper, I drew and cut out six different ornament designs and traced them onto my Christmas fabric. I also drew the letters-but remember you have to do them in reverse.
I used the white fabric for the top of the ornament, and the flannel for the letter monogram. I ironed this all on the shirts, outlined with two colors of Scribbles 3D paint and glued on red bows. I'd say this whole project cost under $10 a shirt.
I haven't washed them yet to see how they hold up, so I'll let you know how that goes. I had to take a pic of them all in their shirts for display--they had all just gotten up so they've get the bed heads and pj bottoms going. What a crew!





I'll be linking up here this week....come see all other great ideas!

The DIY Show Off

http://thepersimmonperch.blogspot.com/2009/11/made-it-monday_15.html



5 comments:

  1. I found you through TCB and you got my attention by saying "I can't sew" because neither can I!! Those shirts are fabulous!!!! And I love your blog and am now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! So pretty! And unique and personal! Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing in the DIY holiday party! (Sorry I'm late!) I'm off to check out more of your blog. :)

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond cool! I have been exploring your blog for a little while and I love it!
    These shirts are awesome! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget