Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Decoupage Do-Over

Old
new

I had this ugly picture, that I painted a long time ago, in an old frame that kept tripping me every time I went into my closet. With the holidays coming up, I was inspired to do a Christmas picture. I love the art at Things with Wings and Other Things, so I decided to try a little collage myself. First, I had to give the frame a little makeover with some Heirloom White spray paint and glaze. Oh, it turned out so nice! So exciting... it's just like getting something new!



Then I pulled out my Mod Podge and an old canvas and went to work. I had some scrapbook paper in cream colors so I decided to go for an aged tone on tone look.



I really didn't have a plan at first, but it finally came together.


But I just kept looking at it.....and something was missing... so I added a scripture and some Sparkle Mod Podge. Nice and festive! I think it's finished now.





I'll be posting this with these creative ladies this week:



The DIY Show Off



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special






21 comments:

  1. The paper you used really compliments the frame.
    @cheapchichome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!
    That turned out wonderfully... I've been known to transform old works (that I really didn't like at all!) into new, fresh pieces. Great way to transform and re~use something, girl!
    Hugs,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like that! Thanks for the inspiration -- maybe I can do something like that for a Christmas gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I like how it turned out. Visiting from Cindy's party.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great transformation!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Turned out fantastic! I stumbled over here from Funky Junk Interiors! Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks wonderful. I think it is great to have holiday art. You did a super job
    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. Beautiful colors. Fantastic decoupaging. Love the touch of metallic gold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I have been thinking about some scripture for my walls. I love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Over from Cindy's Party...Oh...I LOVE that and have been wanting to try it myself. So you used the Mod Podge, let it dry and then painted over it? I've always wondered how to make this type of art. I love collages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it! I turned out pretty. Like that you used Mod Podge too - love what you can do with that stuff.

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that. I would love to have you post it to my party as well and I am now following you.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok that's it. I'm getting some mod podge! LOVE this transformation. And the glazed frame is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it at my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, that's beautiful! Wow. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am SO loving this! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget