Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

DYI Party Pillows!



I've been crazy this week planning my daughter's 11th birthday party. She wanted to have a slumber party and it hasn't been easy coming up with ideas for that tween age. I saw some really cute sleepover autograph pillow cases, but the price was a little more than I wanted to spend for an activity or party favor. So, since I've been so inspired lately by all you creative women out there, here's what I came up with..... DYI Party Pillows! We will be making these as one of our activities at the sleep over this weekend. I hope they have as much fun with them as I did making up the test sample.





Supplies: Pillow cases (I got the white pillow protectors with the zipper from Target for 2 for $3.99 --they were so much more less expensive than standard pillow cases), black permanent marker, assortment of other color permanent markets, and Pentel Fabric Fun Pastel Dye Sticks.



First I drew up some templates for tracing. I placed the template inside the pillow case and traced my design with a permanent black Sharpie marker. Next, I colored in the design with the fabric pastel dye sticks. When I finished, I placed a piece of paper over the design and ironed it on high. This set the Pastel Dye making it permanent and washable. I've never used these dye sticks before, but they worked really well-even washed up nicely. The only problem I had with them was that they do smudge easily. I'll have to post some pics next week of the ones they make at the party this weekend--wish me luck!




DIY Day @ ASPTL





4 comments:

  1. What a great party idea! They're so cute too! It will be fun to see what the ones the girls do...
    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea ... those are super cute and would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrific idea. I think I am going to do that at my next sleepover.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget