Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guitar display for tween



My daughter really, really wanted to hang her electric guitar on the wall, so, of course, I had to find some way to make it fit into her room decor. First, I taped off a rectangle with blue painter's tape and rolled it with two coats of the black magnetic paint. I even bought a bunch of magnet supplies so we could make some cute magnets with her friends pics on them, but I didn't have such luck with the magnetic paint. All it will seem to hold are the flat, lightweight magnets. Not sure if I did something wrong or what??? If anyone has any tips for this, I'd love to hear them! Next I painted a couple of coats of the blue color over the black, added the green zebra stripes, white scallop edges and bolted in the Hercules guitar hanger I purchased from the local guitar store. I used satin latex paint for this project. It actually has become the focal point of her room now--and she even thinks it's pretty "cool". Yeah Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget