Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Glassware Glam


Welcome!

Wheew..... I'm finally done decorating! I've got some highlights of my Christmas kitchen decor, plus an easy and cheap idea for glamming up your glassware.





We are pretty casual at our home, so instead of using place cards, I decided to do tags for the glasses. I Mod Podged some Christmas scrapbook paper and names onto these inexpensive tags I got at the office supply isle at Wal-Mart. I'm not real crazy about my casual glassware so I decided to dress it up a bit.




I already had these floral pics that I picked up on sale at Hobby Lobby many years ago.

I'd say I got a lot of bling for my buck!








I used more burlap and fabric glue to make some cheap runners. I love how the tiny ric-rac finished them off.



No money left for a fancy centerpiece so it's candles....simple




I used my everyday dishes-don't tell but I purchased the dinner plates and napkins at my local Kroger grocery store on clearance. The salad plates and rattan place mats are from Pier One, and the bowls are Gail Pittman from Southern Living at Home. The red chargers are from Target--another clearance find. I finished off the place setting with the napkin rings I made out of toilet paper rolls (if you missed that you can check out my earlier post).







My neighbor gave me this great star wreath for my birthday this year. Just loooove it--she got it at the War Eagle craft fair.





I needed something in my chandelier basket. I would love to have some huge pine cones (wouldn't that look great?) but I'm out of $$$ and we don't grow them big enough in our backyard. I had to go with something already on hand...maybe next year.


And the last thing I finished up this week.....the garland on my staircase and balcony.







Now I get to enjoy it all for about 2 weeks :) It's worth it. Glad I could share it with you!










Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

19 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I am so going to make those wine tags! I also used toilet paper rolls for my Christmas napkin rings too!!

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! Christmas is everywhere in your home! Beautiful staircase and garland. I love the runner/placemats in your tablescape. Also the stacked plates are so well put together. And that cage-thing you did to your chandelier- inspired! That is so beautiful and so wonderfully unusual. I love that! Thanks for this great post.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! I love the staircase!

    Hope to see you next week for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pk @ Room Remix
    Your front porch is so pretty and welcoming and that star wreath is the perfect touch on the window. I love the tag idea - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your garland, so lush! And your table wear - if you have one pricey item it "sells" the rest (G. Pittman).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the long candle holder down the middle of the table...your home looks so pretty and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so beautiful, your staircase is incredible. So many special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wine tags! Thanks for the inspiration! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your staircase and you certainly have been one busy little elf this season:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the wine tag idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo pretty! Ok, for blind 48 year people like me, I totally love bigger pics so I can see all the nitty gritty details. I am the town snoop you know. :)

    How did you print out the names on the tags? Computer printed? Scrapbook kit? I'm not a scrapbooker (wish I was!) so I need ABC instructions it seems.

    Thanks for linking up! Your home looks wonderful! I LOVE how you layered your placesetting. Just love that mix of colour and patterns.

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!

    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wine glass tags, too chic! Your holiday staircase is beautiful!

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the glassware tags-I love those cheap little tags, you can do so much with them. Your banister drape is beautiful and I know this isn't part of the tour but I love your chandelier lampshades.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  14. BEAUTIFUL!! Everything is so festive.
    Excellent craftsmanship

    mY tOUR iS nOW sHARED....come by, if you can, to visit. Happy Holidays!

    CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your Christmas Spirit & decorations in your home. You are welcome to stop by my blog to view my tour as well.
    Happy Holidays & Many Blessings
    Campbelljane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your deocorating ideas. I found your site by searching for burlap door decorations. I want to do some and paint them. Will regular acrylic paint do? Should I use Gesso first?
    Thanks,
    Lynn Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynn-I used regular craft paint-no gesso-directly onto the burlap. Thanks for your comments. Hope yours turn out great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget