Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Paint Your Own Christmas Tree-EASY


I've been really preoccupied the last few weeks with decorating for Christmas and completing some dyi projects that I was inspired to do by fellow bloggers. I realized that it's been awhile since I've done a "U can paint" project. I posted this last week on my art lesson blog-you can check out all the details here, or keep reading this post for a quick overview. This is a super easy project that you HAVE to try. You will be proud of the results. My four year old did the painting above with NO help from me....so I know U CAN DO THIS. It's also a great project to do with the kids while they are out of school for the holidays, or how about a wonderful Christmas present for the grandparents..... what grandparent wouldn't like a hand painted work of art from their grandchild? And how excited would your child be to give it to them!





First cut a triangle template out of a poster board.





We used a 10 x 20 canvas panel, but any type of canvas/size will do. Cover the background with a gold metallic acrylic paint. Next, blend some copper metallic paint around the edges and throughout background. Paint your floor with some brown.




Lay your stencil on top of the canvas and secure to the table with painters tape. Using a natural sea sponge, dab on an olive green acrylic.




Now remove the stencil and soften the edges with green paint. Next, sponge on some darker green over the top.




Add your red tree skirt.....




and the tree trunk....




And last, some bling.








It's that simple. The trees above were all painted by 4-10 year old children.





The DIY Show Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget