Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tour of Trees



I'm slowly but surely trying to transform my home into a Christmas wonderland, but I'm still not finished. But.....since I promised a tour this weekend I'll start off with our trees since they are all complete.
We have our mantle trees:




Our little trees:

(Did I mention my kids think putting a bird on top is soooo cool?

They each picked out their own bird....cracks me up!)



















And my personal favorite, the home-made ornament tree. It's getting pretty full. I think I'm going to have to catch an after Christmas sale for a larger tree so I can display all the adorable ornaments my kiddos have made over the years.









Lastly, there's our big tree that sits in our entry way. My friend Leighanne helped me decorate this when we moved on our house five years ago. I took a pic of it then so I could recreate it every year. This year, I updated a with the plaid ribbon that I got on sale last year, and of course, I can't quit adding Santas. I wanted it to be a fun, colorful tree for the kids-it still makes me smile. I got the Santa tree topper at an after Christmas sale for $15 because it was broken--as you can see I still have the ornament in his hand attached with a rubber band.










I tried my hand at my own home-made ornaments-LOL. I know you've heard me say many times before, I can't sew. Well, I guess I should say I can't sew on a machine, but I can work a needle and thread. I sewed these by hand using some scrap fabric and trims that I had. Not real crazy about my results, but they took me awhile so I thought I might as well let you see them.
I think the heart and ice cream cone turned out ok--they really look better ON the tree.











Hope I see everyone at these great parties this week.

Can't wait to see what you have been creating!
Photobucket


The DIY Show Off




Align CenterDIY Day @ ASPTL

http://thepersimmonperch.blogspot.com/2009/12/made-it-monday.html





Funky Junk Interiors

9 comments:

  1. I can't decide which tree is my favorite - they are all incredible! (I might be leaning toward the girly pink and purple ones!)
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your homemade ornament tree! An heirloom for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sewing job! I love to see (my) eyelash trim used that way. I have lots still in stock so will be taking that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! You do such beautiful trees and they are so unique. I'm in love with the bird topper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tired just looking at them. You did a great job and I think the hand sewn ornaments turned out great! Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ all the feather trees...I am getting ready to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowsers! Great trees....I'm LOVING that pink one for sure, but I also like that plaid ribbon...I'm totally impressed!

    Thanks for linking to Mi4M :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget