Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Is organization an art?



I hate to admit right here on my "creative blog" here, that this is the first week in awhile that I did not create something : ( My art classes start back up in a couple weeks...I've been off from teaching for two months.... so I have had plenty of time to "create" total chaos in my studio. Does that count????







So, needless to say, I spent the little free time I had this weekend (in between basketball games and birthday parties) trying to clean up and organize things. Not only is my studio a mess, but it's starting to overflow again into all areas of my home. Seems like I go through this process about every 6 months or so and I get soooo stressed out.


My inside office desk.


My kitchen counter



Even my kitchen table

And I'm afraid my three little ones have inherited my messy genes.


Help!!!!! Seems no matter how hard I try, I can't stay organized. Like I tell my hubby , who BTW, is super organized and borderline OCD, God didn't create me that way, and I'm probably not going to change anytime soon. He says, "If you would just put things away when you're done." Like it's that simple?? Does anyone out there feel my pain??? So, please say a prayer for me this week as I continue to try to get everything pulled together and cleaned up--it's really hard for me to stay focused, especially when it's something that I'm not good at. I definitely know that organization is a gift! So I say to those of you out there who are organized, be thankful! And please give us disorganized ones out there a break!



before...... after ....

I'll be sure and post some pics as I get things done so you'll know I have been doing something! As you can see above, I did get some things done the other day!

4 comments:

  1. Join the club - I'm a messy and my husband is a compulsive tidy bug too - fortunately my mess can be contained down my backyard in my studio - he was the happiest man alive when we had it built a year and a half ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I am not the only one - I get organised then two minutes later it is back to the mess unto which it came!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! If my studio is a mess that means I am being creative...if it's neat, that means it's time to get messy and create more! Love your blogs...thanks so much for finding mine today through Today's Creative Blog!
    Blessings,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say that if you are the creative type then you are more right brain then left brain. Left brain people are the organized types while right brainers can't deal with that as well. Lots of us creative types also have ADD which makes it hard to keep organized.
    I also find that my organization has to do with how focused and centered I'm feeling about life. When I feel more together my desk and surroundings show it by being more organized

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget