Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

No sew pillows


Okay, I know most of you know by now that I can't sew. With the help of my two oldest children, Fabri-Tac and some Innerfuse, I crafted these darling pillows.


Well, okay.... I cheated and bought the pillow covers at Target for under $5 each. But I did add a few simple details to make them a little more charming!


This is my child's painting. Our school did a fundraiser though Art to Remember. We were able to purchase an array of items transformed with our children's art, so I decided to buy the quilt block for $6 . I had in mind save them from year to year so I could have a quilt made, but I decided to go ahead and make something I could enjoy right now.


First I ironed out the cotton pillow covers and fused the artwork to the front.



Then I glued on some wide rick-rack with my fabri-tac. I wanted to leave some of the white border exposed to help create a matted look


Then I stitched on some big buttons (yes, I CAN sew on a button) for accents and to cover up the corners.



I had some old, unused throw pillows that I stuffed inside.



And here they are! Just noticing now that one of my buttons is crooked. Oh well, just adds to the charm, right?! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

And remember.....HE IS RISEN!!!!


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




DIY Day @ ASPTL

8 comments:

  1. Oh so bright and pretty! Love the vivid touches!

    Thanks for the great tutorial and for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Art to Remember fundraiser! I usually just get the magnets, but your pillow idea is great! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great and I love that they're so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Embellished pillows are always so decorative. Yours have great color. Hope you'll come by Atticmag for our really useful giveaway. -- Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely delightful! I LOVE that you used kid's art! so precious! I hopped over from Twice Remembered and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation and drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and I hope that you will do the same. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling. darling! And your kids must be thrilled. I love what you did. Thanks for sharing the idea. You've got a contagious creative spirit! cheers, -susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! What an awesome way to keep your kids' art without filling your walls! I'll definitely keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time to your sweet blog via Twice Remembered. These pillows are wonderful. So bold, bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget