Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Decoupage Birthday Box



If you have followed my blog for awhile, you already know I love Mod Podge and love to incorporate decoupage into my art work. I've created this cute little box from a brown craft box I picked up at Hobby Lobby.


I hand painted the top and accented it with papers, buttons and sparkle!


Added some cute little wooden feet.....


And Wa La! A whimsical little box to ring in 2011 or some one's special day!
I am donating this to The Mercy House Shop so if you would like to see more, or are interested in purchasing it to help raise funds for The Mercy House, visit the Mercy House Shop by clicking the button below.
I will be donating a piece of my art each month to The Mercy House Shop.

Click button below to visit The Mercy House Shop



By purchasing this item you will be helping to provide options for pregnant girls living in the streets of Kenya. The Mercy House will aid them in nutrition, housing, prenatal care, counseling, Biblical teaching and job skills for sustainable living. Learn more about the Mercy House HERE.


I was in the store the day after Christmas and the check-out guy threw out a "Merry Christmas" and then quickly corrected himself. As I reflected on this, I thought about how wonderful it is as a Christian, that I can celebrate Christmas every day. It doesn't have to be a one day event that ends with a bunch of wrapping paper scattered across the floor. I wake up each day and can celebrate and worship the one and only living God. A God who left his throne in Heaven to demonstrate how much he loves us and wants us to spend eternity with Him.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas each day in 2011!


Photobucket

mmm button

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Sassy Sites- Free For ALL Friday! I just posted my new party for the month of January... Operation Organization. Come by and check it out! Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, this is GORGEOUS! You never cease to amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your cupcake birthday box!! I use Golden texture gel molding paste. It is a lot of fun to work with...there is also a product I found called 'wood icing" that dries much faster and you can do a lot of texture with it! so glad we 'met' :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget