Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Easy and Delicious White Chicken Chili


Easy and Delicious White Chicken Chili Recipe

My home has had a revolving door the past two days as we were covered with about 5 inches of snow. Our routine the past two days has been; drag out clothes; dress; go outside; come back in; dry clothes; drink hot chocolate; eat; re dress; outside again. Does that sound familiar to anyone else? I put my favorite White Chicken Chili recipe (from my mom) in the crock pot so we could eat on it all day long. It's really easy, but very tasty. And bonus....my kids love it too! I've come across several recipes over the years but this is my favorite.

White Chicken Chili

2 pounds chicken breast tenders-boiled and cut in pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the msg free kind found in the healthy/organic section of the grocery store)
2 cans chicken broth (msg free/fat free)
1 can diced green chilis
1 cup salsa (I use mild chunky)
1 bag frozen shoe peg corn
2 cans white beans, drained
1 cup chopped onion (I use the pre-cut frozen kind)
Garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup monterey jack cheese

Put everything except the sour cream and cheese into your crock pot. Cook on low until bubbly, stirring occasionally (about 2 hours?). Stir sour cream and cheese into crock pot mixture about 10 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado and green onions.
You can also cook this on the stove on low for about 30 minutes, but you will need to saute the onions first and stir frequently.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget