Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Salt Dough Charms


Snow, snow and more snow. How much snow have you had lately? We had around 7 or 8 inches last week where I live. We are finally thawing out now and have had beautiful spring like weather all week! My kids were tired of playing in the snow this last round, so we spent some time crafting. I saw the cutest salt dough necklaces over at Smile Monsters and had to give them a try. We make salt dough ornaments at our house every Christmas so we are familiar with salt dough. It’s a cheap and easy mix with ingredients you always have on hand. Next time your kids are bored, let them make some up and see what kind of creations you can come up with. Yeah, I know, we have play dough too, but for some reason salt dough is always more fun. Check out the recipe on my salt dough Christmas ornament post here.



I loved the idea of necklaces or charms so here’s what we made. I baked them for about an hour on 200 degrees and then let them dry out for a couple more days. We painted with acrylic paints, metallic paint and glitter, some India ink, then sealed with acrylic gloss varnish and used a thin leather cording. I used a small stamp for the lettering.

The cupcake is my favorite, what’s yours?






I'll be linking up at these great parties this week!


Show and Tell Green

giveaways

Photobucket

The DIY Show Off

9 comments:

  1. They look awesome! I have got to get a letter stamping set. I was telling a friend just the other day they would look awesome stamped with initials or words. Thanks for the shout out! Fun For Kids Friday starts today at noon, I'd love for you to drop by and link up.

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! LOVE the cupcake one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love the sparkly paint!
    - Kelly (www.anappleandatree.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definaltley the cupcake! Super duper cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh they look like something my son would love to have a go at!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so cute! I am sure your children had a blast making these! I am excited to read some more of your ideas.

    Heidi
    TheDeuteronomy6road.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your comment on the salt dough charms over at the DIY Club--you should enter your projects too. The party ends tonight.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all!!! Where did you get the forms for the bird and the long charm? These are great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget