Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Recycled Gift Basket


It's been awhile since I've posted, I know.... fall is such a busy time; school, football, kids activities. I've also been teaching two weekly art classes, in addition to painting workshops, and trying to paint some myself. This is the first craft I've done in awhile. If you follow my blog, you know I love to recycle. I had a friend who had some heart surgery last week and I wanted to bring her something with a little extra personal touch.


Started out with this. Yes, Corona is my adult beverage of choice.



Covered it with some coordinating scrapbook papers and reinforced the corners with some extra paper in heart shapes...


Covered the handle with some jute rope...


And packed it full of goodies.


These were from my yard! They smelled as beautiful as they look. And yes, that's a recycled Starbuck's latte jar. Just love using them for little bud vases.


Recycled tags off a sweater I purchased. Sometimes the tags are made as well as the clothing.


I added a word of encouragement with my new Copic markers (just love them!) that I got from Dick Blick. And of course, it's covered with Mod Podge!


Just thought I'd share. Hope you're having a wonderful fall!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

1 comment:

  1. I just love this idea! Shared a link on my Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget