Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fun DYI Birthday invites


I know I've slacked off on posts through the fall and holidays, but it's such a busy time of the year for us. Even though I may not post, I'm still busy crafting. 


I had seen Kathy's Valentine's Day Card post over at Art Projects for Kids, and it reminded me that I needed to share our Birthday invites we created this year. I normally do a crafted invite; mainly because I'm cheap, and also because they are fun to do with my kids. The slumber party invite above was done with scrapbook paper, text blocks from the computer and a photo.


Of course, my teen had to show me how to do this one. Did you know you can take a picture of your text (or anything on your phone screen) by holding down the power button and the round button at the bottom of your phone at the same time?  We orchestrated this text over lunch one day, took a pic of it and put it into iphoto. In the print out mode we found this cute border and printed it out on a 81/2 x 11 paper and sent flyer-style. Loved the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget