Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Broken Hearted


A couple of weeks ago, our family was blessed to discover that a pair of doves were building a nest in the tree right outside our dining room window. We have had so much fun watching this process. My girls jump out of bed each morning to check on them first thing. We've taken pictures of the two love birds, happily building their home together. My cat even sits and watches them throughout the day. Mama bird sits faithfully on her nest. I haven't seen her gone once, even when someone comes to our front door. Daddy Dove sits proudly beside her, guarding his home, leaving now and then to bring food to his true love.

This morning, my middle daughter, who is my ultra sensitive one, cried in distress that she had not seen Daddy Dove in two days, but Mama continues to sit. I've now found myself, even while the girls are away at school today, periodically checking on Mama. Sadly, I'm coming to the conclusion that my daughter's suspicions of Daddy Dove not coming home may be correct.

I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I caught a tear rolling down my face this morning as I stared out the window at Mama. She sits and waits. What will she do? How will she feed herself and keep her nest? And being a dove, is she mourning the loss of her true love? Yes, I reminded myself that God cares about her too, but it didn't really console me in that moment. My thoughts drifted to my single friend raising three boys, who for 18 years has cared for her one son with cerebral palsy. He is totally depended on her for all care. She feeds him each meal though a tube, changes his diapers, lifts him into her car and bathes him. He is sick right now and she is crying out to God. "Why is life such a fight?" I cry out for her too. "Why God?"

I have to have faith in God's word that there is more than this life here on this earth. What a great reminder to start off our season of lent. Jesus came back to life. He is risen. And He will come back for us. We can be sure of this as Christians, He has overcome the grave! Revelation 21: 5 says...."I am making everything new!" He who was seated on the throne said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

I spent my morning quiet time in the book of Haggai. I feel God speaking to me again about my priorities, and so I'm giving up my personal blogging and crafting for lent to spend more time planting and harvesting with my family (Haggai 1:5). You can continue to follow me at the Kidz RAP blog at www.kidzrap.com, or the Kidz RAP Facebook or Twitter page.

I also wanted to remind you that I have donated the following items to The Mercy House Etsy Shop. 100% of all proceeds go to benefit The Mercy House-so shop there and really "give" when you "give"! Check them out HERE.

Have a wonderful Spring! See you in May!





3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I planned to email you privately about this, but my computer is being funky. Anyway, I was really hoping I might be able to set up an interview with you for my blog The Art Fairy, sometime. I am changing things up a lot as I get back into the bloggy world since having my little one. You might know my blog better as Kids Art Projects and Lessons at Ms. Julie's Place. If you are interested, let me know and we can work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to believe as you do that God will take care of this little mother dove.

    You can buy script stamps at Hobby Lobby. There are many different ones and you don't have to worry about what it ways because it's just texture. I also think I have bought some at "Addicted to Stamps" online store. You can go there and search for script stamps and many will pot up. I just use white acrylic. Wash it off very quickly though.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget