Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Getting ready for camp part 2-Packing tips



Is camp a part of your summer for your kids? It can be overwhelming-purchasing everything and then packing it all. If you missed my post last week on painting your own trunk or footlocker, read about it HERE. Last year I received the best packing list compiled by an experienced mom who had obviously packed many a camper. Just thought I'd share some of my favorite tips with you.


Favorite tip #1: Pack each outfit, undies included, in a 2 gallon zip lock baggie. Child can easily grab their outfit and head to the shower and clothes won't end up wet on the floor. Same idea with towel and wash rags.


Favorite tip #2: Pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelopes so your camper will be sure and send you a letter. *Remember to address one for grandma too!


Favorite tip #3: Shower caddy stocked with all the necessities.


Other items you won't want to forget:

Roll of quarters for drinks and snacks
Disposable cameras
Extension cord and clamp on fan
Laundry bag
Bug spray and anti-itch cream
Swim bag already packed with towel, sunscreen, goggles, towel and flip flops
Large refillable water bottle and Propel or Gatorade packets



What else do you pack for your camper? Let me know what I've forgotten! I'll be posting in a couple days about fun ideas for care packages. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while blog hopping, and I am so glad I did! You have some great posts on here! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget