Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Box


We had another snow day today. Funny thing is, school was cancelled at 7:30 this morning when there was zero snow on the ground, and it didn't start snowing until around 10 a.m. So...what's a better way than to spend the day than crafting with my kiddos. My youngest wanted to make her Valentine's box for her school party. Normally, we forget to make one until the night before, so I give them a shoebox, some papers and a sheet of stickers, and let them create what they want. They usually end up with something like this.


Not that this isn't adorable.... but my little bit wanted a Valentine kitten. We started out with a cereal box, (love to recycle), decoupaged it with newspaper... took a break to peel the Mod Podge off our fingers...and slapped on a coat of paint.


Then we had some fun decorating our kitten.




Put a slot in the top for cards, and access in back so you can get to your goodies.

Of course, little bit got tired of crafting after the painting step and wanted to "go play." I was appalled when she said, "This is not playing, mom!" I was having a great time!

Tots and Me


handmade projects
Join me this week at these fun link ups:

Get Your Craft On Tuesday


5 comments:

  1. Stacy, this is delightful! You totally put a smile on my face. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!!! I will have to try this out with my little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, sooo cute.
    Would you consider linking this up to my Valentines Activities Link Up?
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/02/valentines-activities-link-up.html
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your box is super cute!

    Thank you so much for linking to the Virtual Valentine’s Day Party on my blog. Please take a moment between now and the end of the party Monday night to visit a few of the other party guests. I would love to everyone who linked up to have other guests stop by for a visit.

    Remember if you visit two guests and leave me a comment that you did you could win a $15 Visa Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Visiting from JDaniel4's Mom Party

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

Share it