Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine Fortune Tellers


I love the simple things in life. I love the bonding time with my kids when we can craft, color, or draw, and we don't have to make a special trip to the store to buy something to entertain ourselves. I had a great time the other day making Valentine Fortune Tellers with my little ones. You should already have everything you need to make these: paper, scissors, markers and crayons. I made these all the time as a child, and my kids are still entertained by them today.


How about a quick refresher in folding a Chinese Fortune Teller


Remember, you have to start out with a perfectly square piece of paper.
I used butcher paper here.


Then fold in in half both ways to make creases.
Fold corners into the center and leave folded. Flip over and fold corners into center again.


Now fold in half and put your pointer finger and thumbs into flaps and squeeze toward the center.


Now to decorate: We like to do numbers on the outside flaps....

Colors on the inside flaps....


And Bible verses or funny sayings on the inside.


Or you can leave them blank so they can be filled in by friends.


Then we unfolded them and ran through our color copier...cut off the end and refolded.
Now we have Valentine Chinese Fortune Tellers to give to our special friends.



Do you remember how to play? First you choose a number and count it out. Then you choose a color and spell it out. Then pick another color and open the flap. Happy Valentines Day!

works for me wednesday at we are that family


handmade projects


giveaways


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty. I love the valentine twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! my daughter loves these, we will have to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love these! What a cute idea to customize it for Valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! These were so much fun when I was a kid. I'd love for you to link up at Fun For Kids Friday!

    http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/02/fun-for-kids-friday.html

    Jo @ SmileMonsters

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really "took me back". Loved them as a child! Fun! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and would love for you to link it to my Virtual Valentine's Day Party link tomorrow. One person who links up will win a $10 Visa Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a trip down memory lane! Very cute! If you have not been by yet, I would love for you to come link up! Every month the best link gets prizes!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/02/strut-your-stuff-for-february-round-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget