Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Fun Gift Tags or Ornaments



Welcome to all my new followers!!!! I'm soooooo excited to have you! And in case you missed it this week, Amy at Mod Podge featured my Decoupage Do-over this week at Mod Podge Rocks. To thank all my followers, old and new, Amy will be giving away a custom decoupage piece of art that I created with a lucky follower in mind-if you haven't signed up yet, you can still can by looking here. This is what we will be giving away.



You can......



Hang it on your china buffet.....



Spice up a lamp.....



Put it on your tree!

Or you can give it as a gift. I can't wait to hear how the winner uses it. For those of you who are new, I usually like to post at least three times a week, but with the holidays, and kids getting ready to be at home 24/7, I will be posting once a week until January. Last night I was scrambling around trying to pull together teacher gifts and I realized I didn't have any gift tags. I had to pick up some light bulbs at my neighborhood home improvement store and these caught my eye.




"What are they, you ask?" Paint and formica sample cards. A light bulb went on in my head---FREE gift tags. Yeah!!! So my kids and I did a little crafting last night. They had a blast and it cost me no dinero....we just used supplies that I already had like ribbon, puff paint, Mod Podge, jute rope, hole punches, scrapbook paper, rubber stamps, etc.... Here's what we created:






We starting off with the intention of making just gift tags....


But then the kids said, "What about ornaments?" Great idea, kids!



"Or a necklace, or an initial tag, or gifts for our friends!" I guess the possibilities are endless.


My kid's created the few above.
I'll be linking up with these creative folks this week:

The Shabby Chic Cottage


giveaways






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Nature Friday @ www.themagiconions.blogspot.com



http://thepersimmonperch.blogspot.com/2009/12/made-it-monday_20.html


11 comments:

  1. These are so cute!
    I’m hoping you’ll share on Friday’s Nature Table. Pop on over to my blog to post a link.
    Blessings and magic.
    Donni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are all so wonderful! Love the one with the twigs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for welcoming us! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call frugal and cute!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are darling! So many places to use those, the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! I love the ornament with the snowflake and gingham! Happy Holidays! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool are they? And a great way to have some family fun and creativity together for FREEEEEE!!! Can't beat that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been featured.
    Have a Very Merry Christmas
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some of those ideas! thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are darling! So many places to use those, the possibilities are endless!
    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget