Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Lamp ReVamp




One thing I love about blogging is that it challenges me to get the things done that I've wanted to do forever, but never make time to do. When I heard about the Rust-Oleum Revamp party the girls over at Shanty 2 Chic were hosting, I decided it was the perfect time to "revamp" this drab old floor lamp. I purchased this for $8 at a close out store about 6 years ago. I'm slowly but surely going to "lighten" up my living room, so I'll consider this redo project #1 on my living room makeover.





Thank heavens for spray paint....such a simple fix. I used Rust-Oleum Heirloom white. After that was dry, I finished it off Shanty 2 Chic style with some Ralph Lauren smoke glaze. I found the new silk shade at Wal-Mart for $15. Love the way the glaze brings out all the detail on the lamp!



Okay, now envision this with me....right now it doesn't really mesh, but I've got these chairs on my redo list too. I'll also be refinishing them using Rust-Oleum Heirloom white. And this is the fabric I have picked out to have them recovered. Just don't hold your breath, this project will probably take me forever! Can't wait to see all the projects this weekend!





I'll be linking this post up with :

Shanty 2 Chic



Also, I love partying with Donna at Funky Junk on Saturday nites. You HAVE to see her things from her Christmas open house.


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Linking up for the first time also over at Mustard Seed Creations:


Furniture Feature Fridays

11 comments:

  1. That lamp turned out so great! Much better in the white with the lighter shade. I totally agree and love how glaze brings out the details in a piece. I'm so glad you linked up to FFF this week and I hope to see more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's cool! Love the revamp. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paint job on the lamp really transformed it. The glaze really did bring out all of the lamp details. Wonderful transformation!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great. I re-did a lamp as well, I hope you stop by and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you can't miss a single detail with the white paint! It was nice, but ho-hum before- totally love it now!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so much better...great job!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Have just obtained my first can of Ralph's glaze, and every day I think of another place to use it! thinking of glazing the siding on the house... :)
    great job! The fabric for the chairs is beautiful, can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your lamp!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heirloom White sure can cover a multitude of sins, can't it?! The glaze is a great finishing touch.
    Very nice.

    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget