Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh what you can do... with a little fabric glue!


Ok, so you know I limited myself to $25 for Christmas decoration upgrades this year so I've had to get really crafty and creative. I bought 2 yards of yummy red burlap at Hobby Lobby for right around $5, and I also found this wonderful felt garland for $2.50 (of course, I got it for less than that with my 40% off coupon). I'm in the process of re-decorating my dining room anyway, and I'm not real sure what direction I'm heading, so it's looking pretty bare. I knew that I wanted some sort of runner or cover over my table because it just seems so dark and drab.

I received these wonderful crochet place mats this year that my grandmother made many years ago. They are such a treasure to me and I really wanted to display them this Christmas.



Thought ole' St. Nick would be the perfect centerpiece. He was a gift from my mom years ago.




Oh if I could sew.... but I can't, so here's what I put together with some scissors and a little of that magic potion called fabric glue








We got these crochet doilies as a wedding gift (15 years ago) from a friend of my Mother-in-law. Just love them still!



Now here's my dilemma.....I can't decide which place setting to use. I've said for four years now that my ability to make decisions left me after the birth of my last child.

Which do you like best??

#1 (some napkin rings I already have)



#2 (napkins rings I will have to make up, but match the runner...just made one so far)




#3 Gold gift boxes and napkin in the glass (I will also have to make up 5 more boxes)




Here's it all pulled together. I put the little sparkly Christmas trees on my candle sticks and secured with some leftover ribbon...for a change instead of candles.



We set up the Nativity scene in the corner of the dining room last night--we'll put baby Jesus into the manger Christmas morning. I used some leftover snowflake garland as edging around the manger, and also at the top of the vase filled with lights.





I'll be posting this at these parties this week. Hope to see you there!


 http://www.thethriftyhome.com


BCD Show and tell



Strut Your Stuff at http://somewhatsimple.blogspot.com/




The Shabby Chic Cottage


7 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! thanks for linking! i love the snowflake detail!

    Becca @ Blue Cricket Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks great! I can't sew either so I appreciate a no sew project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to get me some of that glue :0)
    I like that snowflake trim. I'm leaning toward the snowflake napkin ring setting as my favorite, too, although I like them all. Hey you could have a different one at each setting or do every other.
    enjoy and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the 2nd one! What a great project for those of us that can't sew :)

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 without a doubt. Love the red burlap that is adorable and love the snowflakes added to it.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great option for those who can't sew or have a sewing machine. Thanks for linking to my party.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget