Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am THANKFUL!



As I sat quietly this morning thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for, I'll have to admit that every time I would say something to myself the little voice in my head would remind me of something negative. Grumbling......ugh!

So I have to take my thoughts captive and remember that I am THANKFUL......even for those things.

I am thankful for the pile of laundry on my bedroom floor. Thankful that I have a washing machine and dryer, and don't have to wash our clothes by hand. Thankful we have so many clothes to wear and wash. Thankful I have a floor for them to pile on.

I am thankful for a sweet little person who wakes me up at 5:30 am, even on mornings when I could sleep in. Thankful that she wakes up and that I wake up to her. Thankful she can crawl into my bed and snuggle and giggle. Thankful we both have warm beds to snuggle in.

I am thankful for the pile of unpaid bills and junk on my kitchen cabinet. Thankful I have electricity to keep us warm, and that we are able to pay the bill. Thankful that I have my sight to see my junk, bills, the kids school work and drawings.

I am thankful that I have a car to run all my errands today. Thankful that I have my health so that I can get out and do the things I need to do.

I am thankful that I have a house to be messy. That my kids have toys that I can step over. That we get to eat meals and leave leftovers that sit smelly in the sink. That I have running water and a dishwasher to wash them up.

I am thankful for my unanswered prayers. Thankful that I have a personal relationship with a loving Father that wants the best for me and my family. Thankful that I live in a place where I can open my Bible and read his word and pray to him out loud.

My list could go on, but when I look at it with a Thankful heart, it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Wishing you all a Blessed Thanksgiving! See you Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post! I need to remember these things as well, I tend to get in my "whoa is me.." moods:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget