Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sappy, Sentimental Me



I'm a sappy, sentimental person and I love my home to be decorated with things that have meaning to me. My Pawpaw recently passed away and my mom, aunt and uncle have been sorting through all of the things left behind my him and my Nanny. While getting "all their stuff" isn't that important to me, I love having some things in my home that I can look at throughout my day to remind me of the wonderful times I shared with them. And while I don't have a lot of their things, but the ones I do have are very special to me. My mother found this painting that my Nanny's best friend, and my God-Mother, comissioned an artist to paint of me when I was little. Everyone always says my youngest daughter is the spitting image of my husband, so I was amazed to see how much this painting of me looked like her! I couldn't wait to get it displayed in her room. I also had this shelf given to me by my father that my Grandpa (paternal grandfather) made. I needed a frame, so I dug out this old mirror that has been collecting dust.






With a little spray paint and sanding these all worked beautifully together.





























I'll be joining these creative parties with this post:



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


7 comments:

  1. So cute. What a precious little girl. You are so creative to have thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling is this! Love the mounting idea as well.

    I love hand painted portraits. A special memory frozen in time can't be replaced with anything.

    Thanks for sharing it on SNS #7!

    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very neat idea and it turned out great!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter really does look like you! My mother had a portrait done of me when I was little, and I see my own kids so much in my baby face :)

    Thanks for linking this up for Mi4M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special! And displayed just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget