Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Personalized Placemats



Here's another great hand made gift idea. It's a little labor intensive, so if you would rather just have me make one for you, I'd be glad to : ) I do make these custom and sell for $30 each, or 2 or more for $25 each (plus shipping). I don't have an Etsy shop open yet-so if you're interested, just email me for more info. or check my website for more gift ideas. I will need Christmas orders to be placed by Dec. 1st.






If you would like to try one yourself, here's how I do them. I use 100% cotton duck canvas-natural or white. Cut out your place mat with fabric scissors to your desired size. The canvas will need to have two layers of gesso before painting your design. I usually tape off a border with blue painters tape.





Then using acrylic paints, paint your base coat. After this dries, I give it one more coat of paint.






Pull off your tape and it's ready for the icing!





Have fun with your design! These would be great with a Christmas design or even just a simple monogram letter. Or something fun for the kids, like their ABC's. When you're done painting your design, I apply three coats of Delta Cermacoat Varnish. When it's dry I trim any stray threads off the edges and press under something heavy to flatten. This can be cleaned with a damp rag with a mild soap, like dish soap (no harsh cleaners). Very durable and great for kids


* I love to share my ideas for you to copy, but please don't copy by designs. Thanks!

I'll be posting this with the creative ladies over on these sites:




DIY Day @ ASPTL


1 comment:

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget