Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Reclaiming my back porch


Well, so I can thank the sisters over at Shanty 2 Chic for my new obsession with blogging. Until about 2 months ago, I had no idea how many creative bloggers there are out there! Somehow I came across their blog and it inspired me to create a new home "project list", not to mention start my own blog of art projects and inspirations. Shanty 2 Chic is also having a party coming up with Gorilla Glue, which I use ALL the time both personally and with my art projects, so I just HAD to enter something. And so...... all this led to my decision to reclaim my back porch.





It used to be my favorite place to relax in the mornings, sip my coffee and have my quiet time, but my mongrel dogs have slowly but surely destroyed it (I really love them-look how cute they are! You would let them take over your back porch too, right?). They chewed up my bench, my cushions, coffee table, my rug, even my candles! All I have left are these two wicker chairs and this table. As I was taking pictures of my creative Gorilla Glue piece, I really started to long for my old, cozy back porch and decided that the repair of this piece (my dogs had also tried to chew it up) was step one in my back porch revamp. It may take awhile, but I will get it back!



Anyway, I love making these little "trays" out of scrap lumber. They add a cute, creative layer to your vignettes. I've made them with Bible verses, whimsical designs or you could even get "Shanty" with it. Here's the one I made for my back porch-all you need is a thick board, round wooden knobs, some acrylic paint, drawer pulls, wire, beads and Gorilla Glue. Hopefully, if I can figure out all this linking business, I'm going to be linking up this up with their party this week.



http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/"

Shanty 2 Chic

4 comments:

  1. I just looked over a couple pages of your blog and think your kids are lucky to have a mom who is such an artist and encourages them to be artists themselves! I love all your fun projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such a cute idea! You could sell that! I use to be very artsy, and and some point, it left me for a while. I am try ing to get back into it a bit. We just purchased an 1949 fixer upper and hopefully my art will come to life in our new home! Keep the inspiration coming!
    www.thekeltonscozycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project! I'm always looking for ways to elevate items and add height to my vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, I'm always looking for more ideas with all the scrap wood we have!! Would love to have you stop over for a visit!!

    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly make posting worth-while for me! Thank you so much and be assured I read each and every comment! I would love to answer each and everyone, but I have a hard enough time just posting. If you have specific questions or just want to touch base, please email me! Blessings!

There was an error in this gadget